I recently noticed a new message on the digital traffic sign near my home. It is a result of a social media competition launched in Georgia by the Georgia’s Department of Transportation. The idea is to get signs people will notice. The one near my house reads: “This is a sign you should buckle up.” I love these and Georgia is already using them.
These are the winning entries:
- First Place: IF YOU MISS YOUR EXIT ITS OKAY, WE MADE MORE UP AHEAD
- Second Place: BETTER LATE THAN NEVER
- Third Place (tie): DRIVE LIKE YOUR MOMMA IS WATCHIN’; YOU ARE ALLOWED TO USE TURN SIGNALS, WE CHECKED and DRIVE SAFELY OR WE CALL YOUR MOTHER
- First Place (tie): YOU LOOK GREAT BUT THE SELFIE CAN WAIT and LOOKING AT THE ROAD IS A GREAT WAY TO STAY ON IT
- Second Place: NO ONE WANTS TO SEE TRAFFIC ON SNAPCHAT, BRENDA
- Third Place: POP QUIZ, WHAT IS THE SPEED LIMIT ON THIS ROAD?
Impaired Driving (many of the messages submitted were seasonal and can be used during the holidays):
- First Place:DRIVING HALF LIT IS NOT VERY BRIGHT
- Second Place: DON’T SPEND THE NEW YEAR IN JAIL, PARTY RESPONSIBLY
- Third Place (tie): DON’T BE A TURKEY AND DRIVE BASTED, and THE PARTY SHOULD BE LIT NOT YOU, BRING IN THE NEW YEAR SAFE
- First Place (tie): THIS IS A SIGN YOU SHOULD BUCKLE UP and IF YOU DON’T WEAR A SEATBELT, PLEASE BE AN ORGAN DONOR
- Second Place: WEARING A SEATBELT MAKES YOU LOOK THINNER
- Third Place (tie): HERE IS THE TEA SIS, WE CAN SEE YOU SO BUCKLE UP and SEATBELTS ARE IN, EVERYBODY IS WEARING THEM
Work Zone Safety:
- First Place:LOOK LEFT, LOOK RIGHT, KEEP WORKERS IN SIGHT
- Second Place: WORK ZONE, SLOW DOWN, WORKERS HAVE FAMILIES THAT WANT THEM AROUND
- Third Place (tie): WORK ZONES MATTER SO DO THE PEOPLE IN THEM, and AVOID DESTRUCTION MIND THE CONSTRUCTION
3 thoughts on “Fun signs”
This is BRILLIANT! I drove to Delaware on May 4th, and they had clever highway signs like “buckle up, you must” and other Star Wars themed phrases.
Hopefully they will help people pay attention!
Those are witty!!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Comments are closed.